REVIEW SANTA FE 2012
May 29, 2012 | Source: Monroe Gallery of Photography
Review Santa Fe, May 31 - June 3, 2012
All events take place at the home of the CENTER offices, IHM Retreat Center, 50 Mt. Carmel Rd, Santa Fe, 87505.
PORTFOLIO VIEWING - FRI, JUNE 1, 5:00-8:00PM
CENTER is pleased to present Portfolio Viewing, a photographic walk through the Review Santa Fe 100 portfolios. Attendees can view contemporary photography and engage in dialogue with the artists as well as the extended photographic community.
EXHIBITS & TOURS - FRI, JUNE 1, 6:00-8:00PM
SAT, JUNE 2, 12:00-2:00PM & 3:00-5:00PM
CENTER will offer docent led tours of the art exhibitions held in conjunction with Review Santa Fe. Tours of the following exhibitions are free and open to the public.
· The Curve special indoor/outdoor exhibition of the 2012 Choice Award winners
· Review Santa Fe Alumni Exhibit
· UNM Graduate Students Exhibit
· Spooky Little Landscapes, an installation in a haunted hallway of the historic monastery.
· Special guest Billy Hunt’s Scream Portraits with the Scream-o-Tron 3000 - a volume based camera.
· Special guest Axle Contemporary, an innovative vehicle for arts distribution.
PHOTOGRAPHIC PANEL DISCUSSION - SUN, JUNE 3, 10:30AM-12:30PM
Join us for a panel discussion on Photography’s Cultural Impact moderated by the Museums Curator of Photography, Katherine Ware, DCA, at the New Mexico Museum of Art. Panelists include: Keith Jenkins, Senior Multimedia Producer, NPR; Verna Curtis, Curator of Photography, Library of Congress; Denise Wolff, Editor, Book Program, Aperture; and Kathleen Hennessy, Exhibit Director, PhotoPhilanthropy.
Full event schedule here.